We want you to get the most out of your time at university and feel safe, supported and able to reach your potential.

We know that any form of bullying or harassment can be really upsetting and damaging, and support is available for you to take care of your own wellbeing, and potentially resolve inter-personal conflicts, where appropriate. 

Support at the University
  • Medical attention: If you have been physically injured, we strongly recommend seeking medical attention. This NHS webpage is helpful for deciding the best route for your situation. If you aren’t sure, phoning 111 is a good way to get expert advice on accessing medical support. The Student Health Service also offers same day mental health appointments.   
  • Wellbeing Advisers are available for all students and are a great way to talk to someone about how you’re feeling, and get support with your own wellbeing. 
  • If you are in a halls of residence, there is more information about ResiLife support here.
  • When people experience bullying or harassment of any kind, it can have an impact on being able to engage or focus on your studies. Please consider submitting extenuating circumstances if your studies have been or are being affected. 
  • There is more information here about wellbeing support for students with protected characteristics.
  • Bristol Nightline offers a confidential, impartial and non-advisory listening and information service for students, and is staffed by University of Bristol volunteers. Call on 0117 926 6266, 8pm to 8am during term time. Calls charged at your standard network rate.

National sources of support  
  • Ditch the Label. An online advice and support community for young people up to the age of 25 who have experienced bullying.
  • National Bullying Helpline for practical support to anyone who is experiencing bullying. Call 0845 22 55 787, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
  • Victim Support help anyone who has been the victim of a crime. They can support you coping with the after-effects of crime and help with reporting to the police.


There are two ways you can tell us what happened