Our team of male and female Sexual Violence Liaison Officers (SVLOs) have had specialist training to support and advise students who have experienced any form of sexual violence.

This service is available to all students, regardless of when or where the incident took place.

Your SVLO will be led by you. They will listen to you and discuss the options available to you. They will:
  • help you decide what support you need going forward
  • help you access that support
  • provide you with information about possible next steps.

Some of the options may include:
  • referral to specialist external support agencies
  • referral to support within the university
  • practical support, including accommodation options
  • advice on possible reporting options, including to the police or the university.

There are also resources and external services available to help you, which an SVLO can help you to access, if that would be helpful.

To request SVLO support, submit a Wellbeing Access form – you don’t need to write sensitive details on the form. You can tick the box that indicates ‘sexual violence’ and you can write ‘requesting SVLO support’ in the free text box. It is helpful if you can also include when the incident(s) happened and whether or not you have any immediate or urgent concerns about your safety. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened